Sunday, July 25, 2010

What is your favorite kind of cake?

This last weekend my friend made a wonderful cake for my baby shower that Michael's family put on for me and Daniel. She is super talented and did an awesome job! She wrote me a few days before the shower to find out what kind of cake I like. I told her my favorite kind! WHITE! I like white cake with white frosting, it is the best. Her reply was something like "Are you sure? That is as boring as liking vanilla as your favorite ice cream!" I told her "yup, that is my favorite!" And she wrote back "you are funny, but that is why I love ya."

I have been told that I am a little funny around my birthday for years now. Usually someone wants to make a special birthday cake, and in my family, they want to do a fancy cake, not a boring cake. So when I say that I want a white cake with white frosting... they are disappointed. I just laugh and don't think much of it. I guess because I usually win when it is my birthday. :)

What is your favorite kind of cake?

Thanks Angela for making me a wonderful white cake, with white frosting!! :)

5 comments:

The A Team Mom said...

I am the same as you- I like white/vanilla cake with white/vanilla frosting! Although I do love cheesecake. Yum!

Danae said...

I have this recipe that is for a yummy chocolate cake, with a truffle-like frosting. Decadent and delicious! But Nichole is right, cheesecake is quite good too.

Angela said...

You're very welcome Heidi! I will make you white cake with white frosting anytime:)

Susie and Jay Larson said...

I like ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.(:

Sarah said...

Angel Food Cake...YUM!