Friday, October 8, 2010

This week

This week Michael took off to San Diego for a work conference for Equallogic. He left Monday morning and came back last night. It sounded like a lot of fun for him. He went to a luncheon that Michael Dell dropped by, (super cool) and one day they did a bunch of stuff on the USS Midway, including playing in a flight simulator (super neat).

I was a little worried to have both kids to myself for 4 days, but it worked out great. It was good practice for me to be able to handle two and still be able to get out of the house, cook dinner, clean up the kitchen/house etc. Jeanne was really nice and came over near their bed time to help entertain/care for one child while I would put the other one down. Daniel was a little angel and didn't wake up until it was time for a feeding. I planned doing two things a day so that we would stay busy and happy. We went to Mukilteo beach, Library, had a few play dates, went to a couple of stores... and I am glad Michael is home now, I was running out of fun things to do :)

Here is a picture Ron took a few weeks ago. (I borrowed the pic from their blog :) ) It is of Daniel and his cousin Alli. They were born about a week apart.

3 comments:

Danae said...

It can be tough filling the days when Dad is away. Glad you made it though it ok, and that Michael is home again.

Sarah said...

It's tough being a single mom. So tough. Glad you had some help and Michael is back. That picture of Daniel and Alli is adorable!

The A Team Mom said...

Love the cheeks! Glad you came to visit!