Friday, April 10, 2009

New Abilities!

This morning I thought to my self, wasn't Amelia just laying down... hum, I can't remember, because you see she was now sitting. So I watched her for a few minutes, and yup she learned how to go from laying down to sitting!

She also fed herself with a spoon yesterday! What a big girl she is growing up to be! We had her 9 month check up this week. All is well, and the doctor convinced me that she is able to eat just about anything, of course none of the choking hazards, or those other few things like peanuts and honey. So we have been feeding her different stuff. I have a hard time remembering what though :) Mommy brain. Today she had some of my yogurt for the first time. But I think cheerios beats them all in her opinion.

The doctor thought that she would probably crawl backwards first, then maybe walk around 13-14 months. That is just fine with me, because she will seem like such a grown up baby when she walks. I like her little! But I love her learning new things too. She first was getting into a push up position, like the picture below. Now, she does that then she hops like a little bunny onto her knees. No crawling though, just rocking :)

Here our friend Meghan and her daughter Elena came to visit. Amelia loved it! She loves other kids and can't get enough of them.


Amelia's cousin Cora came to visit, and she is always so sweet to Amelia.


So I thought I would make my own drop cloth and take some pics of Amelia, these were the best :)




I was typing on the computer, sitting in this chair. Amelia was beside me, and the I felt thumping, she somehow got all the way under the chair! Silly Girl.


Amelia's Great Grandma, and Aunt Gwen came to visit the other day, and they had soo much fun together. Amelia became attached to Gwen's zippers, she loves zippers. Gwen was nice and let her pull them up and down, and chew on them. Then her Great Grandma read her a book, and she sat there so well and looks at the book, then would look so sweetly up at Grandma, and then back at the book. So cute.


Here is the famous Amelia push up, she has been doing that for about 3 weeks now. Strong girl! I think she looks so small next to Michael.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all the updates and the new pictures.
She is such a cute little girl and growing so fast--
thanks for sharing---
Love Jeanne