Thursday, March 19, 2009

Almost 9 months!



I can hardly believe all the growth Amelia has done this last few weeks. She seems to have gotten a lot longer, more chubby, more curious, more persistent,and more personality. She loves the key board of the computer and the camera with even more enthusiasm everyday.

She is now wearing 12 month clothes, I put an outfit on her this morning to see how much longer before she could wear it, and to my surprise it fit! (OK I had to roll the waist band of the pants just a little)

Food is getting more interesting too. She REALLY wants the spoon that I use feed her with, so last night I got out two, one for her and one for me, and we sometimes have to trade through the meal. She has the funniest faces when she tries new foods, but if we encourage her and act like she is eating something really yummy, then she seems to gain more interest in trying it again. So far she like to eat, oatmeal, green beans, prunes, squash, and cheerios. On the list of "we will keep trying" are peas,carrots, pears, peaches, and sweat potatoes.

She sits very well, but still no sign of crawling soon, she practices passing things from one hand to the other, and using her thumb and pointer finger to grab things like cheerios. She really likes to bang things that make loud sounds, like pots and pans and to take things out of baskets, or boxes. She is saying "ba ba" a lot. So I have been singing Baba Black Sheep to her and she likes that as well as the Baby Beluga song.

She sleeps usually around 11 hours at night, and wake up a couple times to eat. She takes about 3 half hour naps, and occasionally she will take two longer ones instead.

She has her two bottom teeth, and a dusting of hair on her head :) Just kidding, she is getting more hair in, but it is a very light blondish brown, and still pretty short.

Well I think that is a pretty good update on all her changes, she is wonderful! We love her lots!


Here are more recent pictures:




Reaching for the camera



Practicing for a possible profession- dentistry



Helping me with laundry



waiting for food, and exploring the world





and learning about gravity

2 comments:

Danae said...

I love the picture of Amelia looking down from her high chair. You can almost hear her think:
"Oooh, that was fun. Pick up the spatula, Mommy, so I can do that again and again!!"

Mindy said...

She is adorable! That is such a fun age. I know what you mean about fitting in the bigger size clothes - Ezra is a big guy too. She sounds like a wonderful little girl.