Sunday, January 30, 2011

catching up

I'll start with Christmas... We saw lots of family... but I forgot to bring my camera to my Dad's house in Bend, OR. We had a great time with all the family we saw, and a wonderful Christmas!






As my sister said - "Another generation loving the monkeys" These monkeys were one of my sisters and my favorite toys when we would go to see our Grandparents.

Daniel loves to grab his toes, and put them in his mouth. This is something that Amelia never did.
Dinner has always been hard for me, and I tried a lot of crock pot recipes out one week, and I loved it. I have time when I get kids down for nap to prepare dinner, and then it is ready when we want to eat! If you have any favorite recipes I would love to hear them. I have looked all of mine up on allrecipes.com

Michael has been revamping our house with shelves! This was the first. It holds 100 cans! Michael designed it and built it all! I am proud and happy to have the storage. Also he added metal shelving into two closets in our computer room. It has been so good I got the two closet's worth of stuff into one closet. :)
Also I have been into looking up some easy "Preschool" like activities for Amelia to do at home. I have found a lot of stuff on this site, and through links on this site, http://lapbooksbycarisa.homestead.com/index.html I just want to keep her excited about stuff and to help her not get bored during these rainy/cold days that we stay home. If anyone has sites they like to use I would love to hear about it!

In the picture below she has pompoms of different shapes and sizes and muffin tins and tongs. She really enjoyed moving the pompoms around and sorting them.

The new Moose in the house

I just thought these pics were too cute. :)



1 comment:

Ellerbeck Family News said...

I love all the pictures!!!
love,
grandma Jeanne