Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Utah trip

 Earlier this year we planned a trip Utah to see Michael's grandparents but sadly a few weeks before we left Michael's grandma became ill and pass away. We are really sad she is not here, but we know that she will not be suffering. We left a little early to attend the funeral and I heard many stories from her life and appreciated them. The Relief Society put everything together for a luncheon and it was wonderful. I am sad I didn't get any picture at the funeral, but I think Michael did and he has pictures of the kids with Grandpa also, but I have yet to find them.... I will post them when I do find them. Sorry they are lost.


Here is Daniel first Airplane ride, and Amelia's first one she will remember. We took her the CA when she was just one year old, but I am sure she doesn't remember that. :)


It was so hot when we arrived! These cute ice cream cones were only 25 cents! I thought they were soo cute!



Amelia did so good keeping herself busy in the back of the car as we traveled around that week.


Amelia eating breakfast and watching some tv shows she has never seen before! We don't have TV at home, just Netflix so it was interesting looking to see what is on now. We found the kids loved watching golf, who would have known! We were trying to keep the kids calm as Michael and I got ready for bed, and golf sounded like it would be a nice calm "show" for them to watch, well they were glued to it!
This is how Daniel slept. Michael shared a bed with him and I with Amelia as Daniel would not sleep in the crib the hotel provided. Michael said he takes up more of the bed then I do :) He said he likes to burrow his head into Michael's back.
We went to a few zoos, while we were there. It was hot, but they had sprayers set up and the kids really like it. Michael had Amelia in a backpack carrier and took her up to see some elephants. He made an elephant noise and said "Hi Elephant" and the elephant picked up rocks and dirt and threw it at them! And hit them. The people around them chuckled, I don't think the elephant wanted to be bothered. Amelia had fun telling the story for the rest of the trip.






We found a great buffet that had everything, even cotton candy! Amelia and Michael loved it!







One day on the trip we visited Bear lake, but this silly mommy forgot toys and towels for the kids. Lucky for us the family next to us shared their sand toys and we all made a big castle together. It was hot enough that they dried fast while we had a snack on the grass, so it all worked out.












Look at Daniel's smiley eyes and his Dad's. Aren't they so cute. I am glad he got his Dad's eyes!


We took a day and visited Temple Square in Salt Lake City before we left for home. It was beautiful and hot!

Daniel loved seeing the train tracks in the visitor center and they loved seeing the mini model temple in the visitor center. I have never been in the Salt Lake Temple, so it was neat to see what was inside with the model. Here is a link to see it on-line http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/scaled-model-provides-salt-lake-temple-open-house-experience








I will keep looking for those other pictures and post them when I find them... we had a good  visit with Grandpa. He had a humming bird nest on his porch that the kids loved watching, his coo coo clock was a hit with the kids too, and he also had a horse that would come into his yard the kids just loved that too. Grandpa also gave Amelia and Daniel special teddy bears from a collection they have. It was a good visit and  I am glad we were able to be there with the family for the funeral. It was touching to hear storied from her life and I am glad we were able to do that.

1 comment:

Danae said...

Looks like you had a good time on your trip! I'm sorry you had to go down for a funeral though- my condolences.

My kids are ALL wild, crazy sleepers. We have a rough time when we have to all cram in a hotel room and share beds....