I quickly pushed the cat back with the trash bag, and closed the door, with the trash bag sitting on our door mat. I looked out the widow to see if it would go away, but it just hung around the door eating our grass.
I then remembered a neighbor had lost a cat that met the description of this cat about a month ago. So Amelia and I took a picture of the cat and set out to find the neighbor. We had to do a little asking around because after a month I couldn't remember exactly where she said she lived. We found her, and I asked if she was still missing a cat, and she told me no! Oh no I thought. Michael is home feeding the cat, and this is not the owner, what are we going to do with it! Well the lady loves cats and encouraged me to keep it and even offered to give me a litter box. I told her we will have to see.
So we first decided to feed it and see if we could find the owners. But we couldn't find any owners, so we decided that we would take it to the vet to see if it had a chip, that says who the owners are, and have it checked out to see if the cat was sick at all. After that we would talk about if we would even keep the cat. But by the time Monday came, Michael said it could be his Christmas present, and after a visit to the vet, we took a visit to the pet store, and the cat became ours. ( and I said Merry Christmas :) )
It's name is Gigi, named after the cat in the movie called Kiki. It really is the sweetest cat, and is so good to Amelia. I am just baffled at how the cat was so set on the idea that we were it's new owners. It just climbed right into our lap, we would let it out and it come right back to our door and meows to come in. It sleeps on the couch like it has been here for years... it is just so crazy! But we love our new cat.
1 comment:
Good kitty! Yay! we love our kitty.
Post a Comment