So this evening I was getting out Amelia's pajamas to put on her, and as I unzipped them I noticed something just inside... I thought it was a lint ball or perhaps some strings. So I folded it open and started to reach for it when it moved! I screamed and threw the pajamas across the room. I Hate spiders, but I have learned to deal with them, and I don't normally react so strongly but I think I did this time because I was just about to grab it and Amelia was just inches away from it too. Of course I startled Michael who came running in... to find out there was only a spider. Amelia sat and watched as Michael got a kleenex, opened up the pajamas and got the spider, looked at it, said it was have dead already- see I had just put these pajamas away like 30 minutes ago, (note to self, don't leave clean laundry to be folded out so long...) I must have partly squished him while folding the pajamas today.
Then after getting Amelia dressed I was happy to see I had not scared our child into being afraid of spiders. She went and found some lint on the floor, got some kleenex and picked it up like a spider and brought it to her Dad to show him. Michael is such a good Dad! :) I am grateful for him.
4 comments:
Haha! That would scare me big time! Yesterday I was working outside and found an ant farm inside a bag of yard waste (it has been sitting since last year! on the side of the house). I totally freaked out because it was crawling with ants! Luckily I don't think Ryan was scared for life!
Spiders are also coming into our home. They need to stay outside
love grandma Jeanne
I can't stand spiders either! Yuck, yuck, yuck! The other day I was outside with Sophie. I was trying to be discreet, but I would step on any spider I saw. I guess I wasn't as sneaky as I thought because a few minutes later she says, "A bug!" STOMP! Oops! Way to set a good example, Michael!
Yeah for Captain Micheal - the brave! I'm with ya - don't leave laundry out that long!
Post a Comment