Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blog change

This blog is officially changing from "all about Amelia" to a "family" blog. It is only fair, because we have a new little boy on the way and we don't want to leave anyone out :) We just had our second ultrasound- to get the remaining pictures, and they confirmed it is a boy for sure. I will try to post pictures soon... but here are a few facts about this little guy.

Nickname: Joe-Joe
How far along am I: 5 months- only 4 left! Yikes!
What has been different with this pregnancy: He is a real kicker! My tiredness has gotten better, but I am still more tired then I would have thought I would be, and definitely more tired then I was with Amelia in this second trimester. I have more cravings with this pregnancy. Boy it is different to be pregnant with a toddler around. I forget I am pregnant all the time, those kicks help me to remember :)
What does Amelia think: We have on occasion told her there is a baby in my belly. Her first response is to look at us like we are crazy. The second was she pointed to her belly and said baby. We told her nope. Then she would lift my shirt layers up looking for a baby- she gave up. Now she gently pats my belly and even tried to kiss it once. Not sure if she is catching on yet, but she is doing lots of mothering to her little dog toys and her baby dolls. It is so cute! She will be a wonderful big sister.

3 comments:

Ellerbeck Family News said...

It is official-
how exciting!
She will be a great mother's helper
love Jeanne and all

Danae said...

Congrats! Basing this on our experiences-- I bet Amelia will really get into Mommy mode after your bundle of joy arrives. It can be a little embarrassing when your toddler lifts up her entire dress at church to "nurse" her "baby" though.... :o)

Susie said...

Congrats! That is exciting to have a baby boy join your family, Amelia will be a great sister/mother to him.