Monday, September 21, 2009

California and Scott's Wedding



This last month Michael and I flew down to California for the first time with Amelia! She did great both ways. But we were very blessed to have an open seat next to us both ways!



We traveled to California to attend my cousin Scott's wedding. It was beautiful and good to see them again. This is the best picture I got of the two of them, in the center of the pic. Here are some other pictures I took to try and capture for the family back at home.



Their favors were candy covered almonds in these cut boxes, and the ribbon was personalized with their names and the date.



The flowers were all red and white, very pretty.



Every table was named after a restaurant! The kids table was the Cheesecake factory!



The bridesmaid dresses complimented the brides dress. The bride was in mostly white, with a teal trim on the top of the dress, and the corset tie and ribbon in the back was teal. So the bridesmaid dresses where teal with a white trim, and the little flower girls, there were 4, had white dresses with a teal ribbon.







Here is my Aunt Julie, mother of the groom, Grandpa Jim, Amelia, myself, and my Dad.



We found lots of parks to take Amelia to while we were there, and she learned how to go down the slide, and loved it.



Her favorite was to go down backwards, and Michael would catch her at the bottom.


One of the days there we went to the Oakland California Temple, and the Visitors Center at the Temple. It was soo gorgeous! And you could feel the loving Spirit of the Lord there. There was a large stream that started up near the temple at a fountain, then went down the river bed, which had white rocks in it! It was neat! Then the river went down to another fountain. The river was lined on either side with walking paths, palm trees and wonderful flowers.




The Temple is located on a hill that over looks both major cities in the area. You can see so far from there.



There are two large sculptures in the side of the temple! It is neat I had never seen that before. I can't remember the scriptures that were quoted under them. I wish I could but one talked about how we are taught by Christ, and the other talked about when Christ will come again!

There also was a neat statue and a quote about Christ blessing the Children, and I think there was also one about how we need to teach our children where to look for a remission of their sins, safety, and peace.



Michael said he really liked this tree and that this is what he imagined the Tree of Life would look like.



Someone was nice enough to take a picture of all of us!



This picture from standing up at the Temple and looking back at the two fountains and the river/stream.





One day we went to San Fransisco and to see the Golden Gate Bridge! It was very windy and we saw a lot of sail boats, kite surfers and wind surfers.

2 comments:

Ellerbeck Family News said...

loved the pictures-
nice wedding-
looked like a fun trip!!
love Jeanne

Tasha said...

Looks like fun! I hope to see that bridge some day. :)