Thursday, March 21, 2013

This time around...

I realize that I have not really recorded/ blogged about how this pregnancy had been going. I always forget what it was like once the sweet baby comes, so I wanted to take a minute to document.

This time around I started wearing maternity clothes around 8 weeks, or at lest I had to alter what I wore in order to accommodate the changes :)

I don't remember craving much... maybe sweets, but that is nothing new :) But I can't stand cooking with olive oil!! It took a while to figure out. I thought it was cooked onions for a while, but we figured out it was just the smell of cooking the olive oil, crazy. Also the smell of cooking meat gets me pretty good. So we throw on lots of spices and then I seem to be good :)

I have a super nose this time which is something new.

Reflux has been a little stronger this time in the third trimester... but that might be part of taking the extra iron that has been recommended. 

Our baby dances around a lot to music.

Amelia has been super sweet and understanding when it comes to letting me lay down and take rests during Daniel's nap time. She also has enjoyed thinking up names that we should give to the baby.

Daniel is super sweet and like to hug my tummy and pat it. He talks about the baby a lot. He keeps asking me if the baby is coming out yet.

Both Amelia and Daniel have felt the baby kick. Their little eyes light up, it is so much fun to share with them!

Amelia likes to pretend to be Daniel's mother and will get him ready for school or cook him food and things like that. When they play Daniel will call out for "Mom" and is talking to Amelia as her pretend mom. I am often confused who he is talking to and when I respond to the call he says, "No I am talking to this mommy," We have tried to get him to call her Amelia mommy to cut down the confusion, but the other day they come up with their own solution.... they call me 'The big mommy." :)


   Well I will try to add more later... We are having an ultrasound at 32weeks to check the babies growth and fluid just to make sure it is on track. Hopefully there will be some cute ultrasound pictures to share after that! :) We are super excited for this little one to come to our family and can't wait to meet her!!




1 comment:

Tasha said...

That is so cute how they play house together! :)