Sunday, October 30, 2011

Things we want to remember

I have been thinking of some things that Daniel and Amelia do that I want to record... and well I like doing it here.

Daniel: He still has the sweetest face that melts my heart. I told Michael he better make sure I don't spoil him too much, or let him get away with too much because of that sweet face he has. :)

He loves balls! Soooo much. the only thing he loves more is a balloon, but I think that is because it is a fancy ball.

He says so many words, but my favorite is balloon. I think his first word was "meow meow" (that is what we call the cat) The cat was his favorite for a long time, and she still is in the top 10 favorites.

He loves sugar! Soo much. Candie corn might be his favorite, chocolate is a close second. If you give him either of those he will hold it in his hand and slowly eat it. 10 minutes later you might find that candy still in his hand. He savors every bit of it!

Daniel loves the outside, and he learned early on that socks and shoes meant going outside. He will run and get his shoes and bring them to you if he thinks he might be going out.

Daniel thinks he is a big boy. He has been trying to sit at the table instead of his high chair, he wants to help cook like Amelia... and many more things like that.

He is fascinated with temperatures. If you tell him something is hot, he gets excited and wants to see how hot... not quite what I was going for.

He loves loves music, and to dance to it. If the kids are in a bad mood we put on music really loud and start dancing, and everyone is happy again. (It has been a great help!)

He is such a boy! He loves to play chase, and will chase you. If you try to chase him he quick lays down flat on the floor, and puts his head in his hands. It is so cute. He love to wrestle and play around. He has a manly growly laugh, and roar. He loves to be upside down.

He holds food in his mouth for a long time. Sometimes it comes out the same way it went in and then down his chin and tummy... and he likes it. Mostly with water or milk, but today at church he did that with a cracker, and the cracker had been in there a while, so it was no longer cracker like.





Amelia:
Amelia has begun making up her own songs. It is really cute, yesterday she made up a song, and sang it all day and even sang some today. I hope this continues for a long time :)

I am always amazed at what she likes to play with. She doesn't care if it is a baby toy, or some random piece of paper that fell on the floor, or a sparkle purse, she will play with all different thing and for a very long time. She just imagines them to be what she wants. ( I keep wanting to put the baby toys away, but Amelia keeps finding them, and then she plays with them so long, like they are her long lost friends, that I feel bad putting them away. )

She seems so grown up lately. She is really becoming her own person. I love it... but then I think, my little girl will not be little for very long!!!

Amelia has become such a wonderful big sister. She brings Daniel toys, tries to read him books, and gives him gentle hugs. It is super sweet! Lately when Daniel fusses, she says, "He wants me, he wants to hug me." I love it. This evening I picked up Daniel and Amelia said, "mom put Daniel down!" (usually it would be because Amelia wanted me to hold her, but this time it was because she wanted her playmate back!) I love to see them become friends. When Amelia wakes up from a nap, Daniel hears her voice and runs to her room to go get her and to play.

I'll add more as I think of them :)

2 comments:

Tasha said...

How cute! That is great how much they like each other :)

Danae said...

How sweet!